Wishing Everyone A Happy Lunar New Year

Friday, February 16, 2018
Happy Lunar New Year


Hey lovelies!!
I want to wish each and every one of you a Happy Lunar New Year! Chinese New Year is a traditional Chinese holiday (and an extremely important one in my family!) I don't want to confuse you when I say Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year... it's the same thing. The Chinese calendar is lunisolar which uses both the moon phase and the solar year. In Chinese astrology, each year is related to a Chinese zodiac animal according to a 12-year cycle. This year we are celebrating the year of the DOG! If your Chinese zodiac is a dog, the following are deemed lucky for you:
{lucky numbers} : 3, 4, 9
{lucky colors} : red, green & purple
{lucky flowers} : rose & cymbidium orchids
If you're still trying to figure out what your Chinese zodiac animal is, you can find out here.
Image result for chinese zodiac

I'm excited for this year because I have so many things that I want to focus on, like taking a pilates & zumba class with my sister, traveling and exploring the world with Brady, blogging on a regular,  stepping out of my comfort zone in life, fashion, and in relationships, being more organized anddd worrying less about what others will think of me. Whew... did I cover it all??

I've been really trying to get my sister to work out with me again, but with our lives being so busy, our schedules never seem to sync. We decided on taking a pilates, yoga or zumba class (or all 3!!) It just makes sense to designate a specific time three times a week to get our fitness on (and to get bikini ready).

I can't say I'm the absolute worst at staying organized, but I'm definitely not the best at it. I'm really going to cut back the procrastination because it causes a lot of stress in my life. So basically, I need to be way more on top of my sh*t this year!!

This is a big one: worrying less about what others think of me. This is something that I've struggled with in the past, so now having a blog (where thousands of people have an opinion about you all the time) has been a bit challenging at times. I just have to remind myself that I'm never going to please everyone, not matter how hard I try. 

I have some fun and exciting trips planned this year and I can't wait to share it with you. Brady and I are planning on taking some road trips too so stay tuned for our travel ventures!!

Happy Friday & Happy Lunar New Year!
Love, Helen

Comments