Very Potter Christmas


Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Very Potter Christmas Tree



I spent the last two weekends decorating and I'm finally ready to share our whole! It was actually up before Thanksgiving but it wasn't complete because I had to hand-make most of the ornaments. We didn't have a good collection of all things Harry Potter but Brady insisted that we have a Harry Potter themed tree this year so I thought this would be a fun project for us to work on together. Don't you just love it?!


{Book Page Ornaments}
Some of my favorite ornaments on this tree are the ones directly from the book itself. I cut up a few pages from the book, printed out some famous quotes and a list of Brady's favorite spells. I used a paper cutter to get the perfect lines and I used scissors to curl the paper. You can buy the clear glass ornaments from any craft store like JoAnn or Target. Stick the curled paper roll into the top of the ornament then shake it a little until it opens slightly. Use the smaller curls as a filler. Repeat until the ornament is full of paper rolls. 






{The Golden Snitch Ornament}
The snitch on our tree makes me so happy. I used items that I found around the house such as these jingle bells from last year, but you can use any gold ornament if you don't want to use bells. I love how easy it was to make and they turned out so cute.





{The Infamous Lightning Bolt (Harry's Scar)}
These were simple to make and require minimal labor. I used a yellow foam sheet, but you can use yellow felt too. I downloaded a clip art of the lightning bolt here, traced it onto the foam, cut them out and hung them on our tree. 





{Flying Key // Winged Key}
The flying key from the first Harry Potter book was a simple and much needed addition. I found an old rustic key, printed out wings here, and used hot glue to put it all together. Easy Peasy.




{Harry Potter Ornaments}
One of my favorite store bought things on our tree are these darling Harry Potter ornaments. Aren't they just adorable?? They are a bit pricey, but our tree wouldn't have been complete without it. I bought two sets (Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger) from Amazon.




{Hedwig Ornaments}
Hedwig is one of J. K. Rowling's most beloved creations in the book, so of course, we knew that we needed her on our tree. Spoiler Alert: I may have shed a tear or two when Hedwig was killed during the Battle of the Seven Potters in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. She was definitely a fan favorite in the series. I bought these cute all white owl ornaments that resembles Hedwig from Target.  And, I also bought these beautiful owl glass ornaments to use as fillers in our tree. 





{Fillers For The Tree}


{Our Harry Potter Christmas Tree}




Viola! Here is our Harry Potter Christmas tree. Brady and I are soooo happy with how it turned out. If you guys are planning on a Harry Potter themed tree, I hope you find this helpful. If you have any questions about our tree, leave me a comment so I can get back to you. Also, I'd love to hear your feedback!

XO, Helen

P.S. Cheers to butterbeer!





Comments