Cardigans For Life

Friday, November 10, 2017

5 Must Have Cardigans


Hello loves. It's the end of the week so I hope this post finds each and every one of you well and enjoying your day. I must've said this a million times on instagram but I'll say it again... I lovvveee fall. It took a while but fall is finally here and the weather is finally cooling down in Orange County. My favorite part of it all is phasing in the fall clothes. Shopping for the perfect fall cardi got me all giddy and excited for the cooler temperatures and the salted caramel mochas. I am a lover of all cardigans, so today's post is about my top five cardigans that you absolutely must have to complete your fall wardrobe. 

1. Boyfriend Cardigan

Boyfriend Cardigan (on sale!) $25 // Skinny Jeans (on sale!!) $44.99

I have a ton of boyfriend cardigans, and by a ton, I mean too many to count on my fingers. BUT this boyfriend cardigan stole my heart when I saw it. The one reason why I bought it was because of the lace-up detail down the back. Love. Love. Love. You won't even believe me when I tell you where I got it from. *Jeopardy theme song playing in the background* You ready for this? ....Target! Yes, really! Target launched a new clothing line and lately I've found myself shopping there for clothes more than I ever have in the last thirty years of my life. After a little searching, I was able to find it online for you. It comes in black and berry and it's currently on sale (11% off) making it just $25. Thank you Target for this great find!!

2. Lace-Up Cardigan


I'm obsessed with anything that is laced up right now. This knit cardigan features lace-up on both sides and comes in three different colors: black, light grey and olive.  Besides the pretty lace-up, the best part about this cardigan is that it's under $20. If you are a girl in the business world, you can easily rock this cardigan. I paired it with a reversible cami from Express and ankle pants from Ann Taylor (for work), but you can easily dress it up or down. I wore this lace-up cardigan with shorts and ankle booties last weekend while running errands. I can't get enough of it.

3. Cozy Open Cardigan

Cozy Open Cardigan $49 // Barcelona Cami $39.90 // Leggings (on sale!!) $29.70

The name of this cardigan really says it all!! It's so soft and cozy that I want to wear it to bed and sleep in it.  Seriously, I'm not even kidding. This relaxed longline cardigan is lightweight and perfect for throwing on over everything from dresses to tees. Sometimes I'll even wear it around the house with leggings because it's so soft. This won't be the last post you see of me in the this cardigan. I'll probably be wearing it more after the holiday when I'm super fat from eating way too much stuffing and pumpkin pie.  My leggings are currently on sale (40% off) making it only $29.70, use code: friends40 at check out.

4. Shawl Collar Cardigan

Performance Leggings (on sale!!) // Satin Cami (on sale!!) $23.94 // Shawl Collar Cardigan $79


A classic tan or beige colored cardigan is a go-to for many fall outfits. Similar to the black color, tan goes with nearly every color in your wardrobe and will always be a classic. I love the slouchy long feel of this cardigan. It comes in three colors: tan, red and grey and it's perfect for slipping on over anything in your closet. My leggings and cami are both on major sale!! Act fast ladies, because sizes will be limited. 

5. Flounce Sleeve Cardigan

Flounce Sleeve Cardigan (on sale!) $25 // Stripe Tee $32.50 // Toothpick Jean $98 // Leather Boots $228

This was exactly what I have been looking for - a light breezy cardigan with pockets and adorable bell sleeves. I was sold on the pockets and sleeves! Remember how I said Target came out with a new clothing line? This cardigan is from their new line - A New Day. The sleeves are so flattering and trendy right now and I love that Target is able to provide stylish clothing that isn't impractical (aka "too runway"). Target does it again!! 

So there you have it. My top 5 must-have cardigans of the season... I am missing one this list (an oversized cardigan) but I'm saving it for a special post. So stay tuned for that. I have so many cardigans, but it never feels like I have enough. Please tell me someone else out there understands. 

Tell me about your cardi obsession.




Comments